A shrimp cocktail has been special ever since The Sixties. This version bathes the shrimp and or crab in a creamy and slightly smoky chipotle sauce. The wow factor comes from serving in a martini or wine glass. It's a super easy to eat dish that people really enjoy.
- 1/4 cup Fage Greek yogurt – important to use Greek as regular is too thin and too tart
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco Chipotle sauce or ground chipotle to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher or Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound cooked shrimp and crab - or for more people use about 1/4 pound per person
- baby arugula or shredded romaine
- Whisk together the yogurt, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, chipotle and cilantro until smooth.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- GENTLY fold in the lump crab and shrimp.
- Chill until ready to portion and serve.
- Place a bit of lettuce or arugula into the wine or martini glass or make a small nest on small plate.
- Arrange portion of seafood salad over the greens and garnish with lime slices.