Anyone can bake this beautiful and delicious sugar free and low carb cake roll!
Follow the recipe step by step and you'll be proud of this wonderful dessert - and the smiles on everyone's faces.
I prefer to use real whipped cream or I'll even make a bowl of Jello Sugar Free Pudding as filling, but Cool Whip is easier if you are not a practiced cook. Either way the Swiss Chocolate Roll is super tasty!
IF your cake cracks or you have trouble with the rolling, no worries - assemble your cake in a loaf pan - line pan with plastic wrap, cut a piece of cake to fit for the bottom, remember that this is the top so make it look nice, add a layer of Cool Whip, and repeat, ending with cake. Chill for an our or two, and unmold.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Truvia Blend for Baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- One 8 ounce container Sugar Free Cool Whip, thawed or 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- additional unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat an 8 by 13 inch sheet pan with vegetable cooking spray and line with a sheet of wax paper or parchment.
- Mix together the flour, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, sweetener, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, coffee, almond extract and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour/spread into the pan, smooth then tap on counter to level and remove air bubbles.
- Bake until the top springs back when pressed gently 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool ten minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to cool completely.
- Loosen paper, spread with Cool Whip and roll. Lightly dust with cocoa powder, if desired.