Swiss Chocolate Roll
Anyone can bake this beautiful and delicious sugar free and low carb cake roll!
Follow the recipe step by step and you'll be proud of this wonderful dessert - and the smiles on everyone's faces.
I prefer to use real whipped cream or I'll even make a bowl of Jello Sugar Free Pudding as filling, but Cool Whip is easier if you are not a practiced cook. Either way the Swiss Chocolate Roll is super tasty!
IF your cake cracks or you have trouble with the rolling, no worries - assemble your cake in a loaf pan - line pan with plastic wrap, cut a piece of cake to fit for the bottom, remember that this is the top so make it look nice, add a layer of Cool Whip, and repeat, ending with cake. Chill for an our or two, and unmold.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Truvia Blend for Baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- One 8 ounce container Sugar Free Cool Whip, thawed or 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- additional unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting - optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Coat an 8 by 13 inch sheet pan with vegetable cooking spray and line with a sheet of wax paper or parchment.
- Mix together the flour, almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, sweetener, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, coffee, almond extract and vinegar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Pour/spread into the pan, smooth then tap on counter to level and remove air bubbles.
- Bake until the top springs back when pressed gently 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool ten minutes before removing from the pan. Allow to cool completely.
- Loosen paper, spread with Cool Whip and roll. Lightly dust with cocoa powder, if desired.