This is total no brainer food - a fast lunch that is extremely nutritious and so delicious.
I layer my scoop of tuna on top of a beautiful slice of ripe tomato or halved grape tomatoes as a base for my melt to top with avocado and cheese. One of my favorite meals.
- Tuna salad
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sliced ripe tomato or grape tomato halves
- avocado - sliced or scoop some
- a thin slice of provolone or pepper jack cheese
- Prepare your favorite tuna salad - mine is simply tuna, mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, finely chopped red onion, celery, salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler.
- Assemble tuna melts by placing a thick slice of tomato on a foil lined baking sheet, layer with a scoop of tuna salad, sliced or fork smashed avocado, and a slice of cheese covering all.
- Broil 6 to 8 minutes, until cheese starts to brown, and is bubbling around edges.
- Transfer to serving plates.