Warm No Sugar Cranberry Sippers
A tip to get you through the holidays: find low and no calorie food and drink to enjoy so you don't have a chance to feel deprived.
This is perfect! It's nice to relax in the evening with a warm cinnamon drink and this tart sweet sipper is both sugar free and delicious! You'll want to have one of these every night. So good! Make a big pot so everyone can have one.
That's the hallmark of a great post op food - when everyone wants some!
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 2 whole cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise - Badia packets of whole spices are .79 cents
- 10 whole cloves - Badia packets of whole spices are .79 cents
- 6 cups Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry Juice - the Splenda sweetened one
- A medium fresh orange or tangerine
- Combine Splenda, spices and Diet Cranberry in a saucepan
- Simmer over medium low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
- Pour into mugs.
- Serve with a thin slice of tangerine.
This may also be prepared in a Crock-Pot. Combine all ingredients and set to Low until it is warmed throughout.