A great dish to make on a Sunday so you can take the leftovers as an office lunch in your BE Lunch Bag!
One of my favorite dishes made from flavors that marry perfectly, eggs cheese and broccoli! Badia brand of spices offers whole nutmegs for about one dollar so there is no excuse to not have that bit of shaved nutmeg in an egg dish. It elevates the flavor.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked broccoli tops
- 4 ounces Cabot Lite Cheddar, shredded, about 2 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- a few grates of a fresh nutmeg (optional but essential)
- Spray a glass or ceramic baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Whisk eggs, ricotta, milk, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a large bowl until well blended and light colored.
- Stir in the broccoli and cheese.
- Pour into baking dish and bake 25 to 35 minutes, until knife testing the custard near center comes out clean.
- Center should still have a bit of wiggle and top slightly puffed and golden.
- Cool slightly serve warm rather than hot.