Looking for something sweet, cool, bariatric and family friendly & virtually non-caloric?
You can buy sugar-free or no sugar added ice pops from Edy’s for $6 a box, or make your own! It couldn’t be easier.
Prep time is five minutes plus freezing time.
- Your favorite INSPIRE flavor
- Almond Breeze Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Truvia or Splenda
- Special equipment; Ice pop moulds - the squishy silicon ones are FANTASTIC
- Blend, 3 scoops Inspire, 2 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup Truvia or 1/2 cup Splenda until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pop moulds.
- Freeze for 3 hours or until completely frozen.
- Tea. If you’re a tea fan, experiment with fruit teas, sweetened with noncaloric sweeteners (remember that Truvia is twice as sweet as sugar or Splenda, so use half as much)
- Fruit. Add chopped fruit or citrus zest; for example, diet raspberry soda with chopped raspberries or diet lemon-lime soda with lime zest.
- Layers. Create layers of different flavors. Add the first flavor, freeze and add the next layer.
- Yogurt. For a few extra calories, mix flavored, no sugar added yogurt with the beverage. Or, create a separate yogurt layer. When I couldn’t find the No Sugar Added Creamsicles, I made own with diet orange soda and Oikos Triple Zero Greek vanilla yogurt. CUBES. You can also make coffee tea or fruit ice cubes by freezing in an ice cube tray. Toss them into your drink instead of regular ice and the melting cubes won’t dilute the flavor.