Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
Roasting the cauliflower with olive oil and parmesan brings out a sweet and nutty flavor that is very different from any other way that you have tasted this vegetable.
Slicing the cauliflower creates flat areas that caramelize and turn golden where it comes into contact with the metal pan.
This is a delicious old/new way to serve this vegetable - this is how my grandma made it. We've been eating cauliflower this way for years.
- 1 large head fresh cauliflower, cut into 1-inch thick slices and separated into florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Arrange cauliflower on metal rimmed baking sheet - drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese.
- Roast 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and fork tender.