Shrimp Tacos in Lettuce Cups
Super Simple Shrimp Supper
If you have a pound of raw shrimp, you an make this wonderful dish that is much fancier than the sum of its parts! It's all in the presentation.
- Butter lettuce leaves
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- Taco or Mexican seasoning
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno
- 2 fresh limes
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Arrange butter lettuce cups on a large platter and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon of the seasoning to coat and set aside.
- Make the fresh salsa by combining the tomato, onion, cilantro, jalapeno and juice of one lime in a small bowl, and set aside.
- Saute the shrimp in a hot non stick skillet until just cooked through. Transfer to a bowl to cool and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt with enough of the taco seasoning or chipotle to your taste with the juice of half a lime, set aside.
- To serve, place the lettuce platter and bowls of shrimp, salsa and crema on the table - have your diners spoon some shrimp into a lettuce cup, add a bit of fresh salsa, a squeeze of lime and drizzle of chipotle crema.