Snappy Taco Salad
Super easy and perfect as a side dish to serve with pork chops, catfish, salmon, steak or chicken. The whole family will love the flavors. Easy and delicious. BIG winner.
Take this salad in a big bowl to your next bbq or pot luck party. Put the dressing in a glass jar to toss together before serving.
- 2 ears of cooked fresh corn, cut from the cobb - either grill it or boil it
- 1 cup Black beans - rinsed drained
- 1 cup, about 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup good quality roasted salsa in a jar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the corn, black beans, tomatoes, onion, lettuce, red pepper in a large salad bowl.
- In a small bowl using a fork, whip together the salsa, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, to create a chunky dressing.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss to coat.