Watermelon Water - Agua de Sandia
I have always been fascinated by the fruit waters sold in the tiny open front shops that line the main streets in most Mexican towns. There is a lineup of large glass jars filled with gemstone colored liquids; the shopkeeper dips you an ice-cold glass of liquid tropical fruit.
In this recipe, pureed watermelon is added to the water! Once you try it, you will be excited to try these no sugar added ‘Aguas’ with strawberries and cantaloupe too.
Agua de Sandía (AHHH-gwah, Sahn-DEE-yah) is a particular favorite of mine! Perfect for us to add PURE Unflavored Whey Protein Isolate to turn this into Fruit Protein Water!
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon, with rind removed - I buy the small ones and use half at a time)
- 6 cups water
- 1/4 cup Truvia Blend or 1/2 cup Splenda (or to taste)
- Place 2 cups diced watermelon in blender, along with two cups of the water.
- Blend until liquefied.
- Pour into a pitcher. Repeat.
- Add remaining two cups of water and the sweetener to taste.
- Chill thoroughly before serving.
- Pour into tall, ice-filled glasses and serve.