Bariatric Pizza. You've gotta taste it!
Author: Susan Maria Leach, Before & After
In just a few weeks Bariatric Friendly, Low Carb, High Protein, Chicken Crust Pizza went viral with over 1,000,000 views. Check out these gorgeous Pies our Facebook Support Group members have posted! Better yet, make one & TASTE it! Our 'bariatric legal' pie tops a flavorful crust of ground seasoned chicken with your favorite pizza toppings! It's simple, it's delish, it's exciting.
- One pound ground (raw) chicken breast - or 3 small boneless breasts, pulsed in food processor
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup freshly shredded part skim mozzarella - one cup shredded cheese is 4 ounces by weight
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Dried oregano
- ½ cup prepared pasta sauce
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 or 5 basil leaves, rolled and sliced
- Toppings - lets not go crazy with fat - I used Molinari very lean pepperoni in paper thin slices
- Preheat oven to 450°F and line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper or foil sprayed with non stick vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the ground chicken with ¼ cup parmesan, ¼ cup mozzarella, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon oregano.
- Mound the chicken mixture onto the parchment and pat into flat rectangle or disc. Cover with plastic wrap and evenly press or roll the chicken into a 7x10" rectangle or round. I use a rolling pin to get it very thin. Remove the plastic wrap and roast until golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Smear crust with sauce, scatter with ¼ cup Parmesan, ¾ cup mozzarella, layer with toppings and season with a sprinkle of crushed red pepper flakes and ¼ teaspoon oregano.
- Pop back into hot oven and cook until melted and bubbly 6 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and scatter with chopped basil.