Breakfast Muffins are a big time saver and boost for your weight loss! Make a batch on Sunday and have them all week long.
Heat them 15 seconds at a time in microwave until warm. Today's version is made with roasted red pepper, Italian herbs, smoked Provolone cheese and lots of freshly grated Parmesan. You can use anything but please use a bit of shredded or chopped vegetable for a softer texture - shredded zucchini, sliced mushrooms or asparagus.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup evaporated or whole milk (fat free milk wont puff)
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, from a jar, cut into fine dice - about 1/2 cup
- One handful of fresh spinach leaves, rolled up and cut crossways into fine shreds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees - spray a twelve cup muffin tin with vegetable cooking spray, place a bit of the red pepper, spinach, and provolone into each muffin cup and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and milk until smooth; add the Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Using a 1/3 cup measure, scoop the mixture into the muffin tin to cover the vegetables. Fill 8 to 10 of the cups to about 1/4 from the top.
- Bake until the egg is set, tops are puffed above pan and cheese has turned golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 2 minutes. Generously top with the Parmesan cheese. Run a butter knife around the outside of each muffin and gently remove from the tin with a large spoon.