My favorite dessert. Lightly sweet, super delicious, and the best part is that you can make it on a whim since you probably have all the ingredients.
I always keep canned Carnation milk and unsweetened coconut in my pantry and often make these on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to serve after supper!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup Splenda or 1/2 cup Truvia sugar replacer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- One, 12 ounce can Carnation Evaporated Milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 cup milk - skim, 1%, 2% anything is fine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked or shredded coconut (NOT sweetened coconut)
- Arrange 6 custard cups or ramekins in a large roasting pan - preheat oven to 300° degrees.
- Add the eggs, Splenda, vanilla milks and coconut to the blender and pulse a few times to combine.
- Evenly pour into the custard cups. Fill roasting pan with hot water so it comes half way up sides of ramekins. Bake until centers still jiggle a little but edges have puffed a bit - 20 to 30 minutes. Really try hard to not overbake, move the tray and judge the jiggle, you can tell!
- Remove from oven and carefully remove custards from the hot water to a kitchen towel to cool. I use a spatula and kitchen tongs.