This is how I like to make my Greek salad.
Serve alone as the star or as a side salad. Paired with a rotisserie chicken, dinner is on the table faster than waiting in line in a drive through, and much healthier for the family.
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 European cucumber - cut into 1/4's lengthwise and then 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 container Santa Sweets Grape tomatoes - cut in half
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- 4 ounces Greek feta in water, cut into 1/2 in cubes
- One lemon
- olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- pinch of oregano
- Get out your big wooden salad bowl and place each ingredient as it is prepared in its own pile.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano, drizzle with olive oil, squeeze the lemon over the top, and toss.