I am enjoying my Summer Vacation Safe at Home but in my mind I am lunching poolside in Italy. My plate is filled with this lovely light Roasted Zucchini Caprese and there may be a glass of Pinot Gris involved.
Got Zucchini? I sure hope you do! What an absolutely delicious lunch or side dish for a kebob of steak or shrimp.
- 2 medium zucchini - look for two that are slender top to bottom for best result - this is not the dish for giant zucchini unless you slice it into rounds
- Olive oil
- Fresh mozzarella
- Ripe tomato slices
- Fresh basil leaves
- Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees. You could even do this on the grill!
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise and arrange in a ceramic baking dish.
- Layer with overlapping slices of mozzarella, tomato and basil.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Bake until melted and golden, 10 to 12 minutes.