Zucchini Pancakes with Ranch Dressing
I am Italian and love love love zucchini! You are going to love zucchini when you taste this recipe.
Zucchini Pancakes are great hot or room temp, they make a tasty lunch, light supper, OR as an appetizer for your next summer bbq when you make them bite sized!
Do not even think of skipping the creamy sour cream... it makes the bite.
NOPE, we are not going to tell you what you can use in place of Inspire Pancake or Flatbread Mix. You cannot simply swap out this wonderful light tasty mix and have lovely fritters - Inspire Mix is the secret to our super popular Cheeseburger Pie and Taco Pie that are fabulous as per the recipe - super low carb and balanced with savory and sweet.
For years, people had PLENTY to say when I'd use a bit of regular flour or baking mix in a recipe, so now that we have developed the perfect low and almost no carb baking mix... that is what we use. Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 pounds zucchini, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Inspire Pancake Mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan or Romano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh chopped dill or thyme - optional
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Reduced fat sour cream
- A packet of powdered ranch dressing such as Hidden Valley - optional
- Place grated zucchini in a colander over the sink. Add salt and gently toss to combine - let sit for 10 minutes. Using a clean dish towel or white paper towels or even your hands, drain zucchini and squeeze out the liquid.
- Combine zucchini, pancake mix, Parmesan, garlic and egg in a large bowl, stir in 1/2 teaspoon salt, plenty of freshly ground black pepper, and if using, the fresh herbs.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of batter for each fritter, flattening slightly with a spoon, and cook until the underside is golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to plate.
- Serve with dipping sauce of sour cream, or if you would prefer blend the sour cream or even Greek yogurt with ranch dressing powder to taste.