Salads are really not a recipe as they are just a plated combination of flavors. This is a throwback diner classic. Here are the ingredients you should keep on hand in the fridge if you would like to make this salad.
- A bed of chopped lettuce. I like Romaine and I like to cut it into shreds crossways.
- Tuna - I buy tuna in Olive Oil because I am Italian and that is what my family has always bought. It also tastes great!
- Hard Cooked eggs. I keep a few cooked eggs in my fridge for deviled eggs and salads. They're also great for stopping a bariatric graze!
- Black olives. Sometimes I have the fancy kind from the 'olive bar' sometimes I use a can from the pantry.
- Cucumbers. I no longer buy the long English cucumbers that are wrapped in plastic. They are not CRUNCHY. I like the regular ones.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes. Don't ever put tomatoes in your fridge as they will be zapped of flavor. Tomatoes should have a warm summer flavor!
- Red Onion. Yep, I love onion. If you don't you can leave it off.
- Beans. Chick Peas or White Cannellini beans. I didn't have any the day I made this salad, but if I had them, I would have opened the can, rinsed them, slightly crushed 1/4 cup and added them too!
- Dressing. I like 3 teaspoons Olive Oil... 2 teaspoons fresh Lemon Juice... Sea salt... Black pepper... 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard... a pinch of dried or fresh Tarragon or Basil. Whisk it all up until smooth. Toss with your salad. Yum.