Really delicious and very versatile. Keep in the fridge and microwave a few seconds to warm and eat as you wish.
This 'no crust' recipe makes between 6 and 12 egg bites depending on the size of your muffin tins. You could even use a tiny one that makes 16 to 24 bacon and egg 'one-bites'. Keep an eye on them in the oven, they are easy to overcook and you ideally want them to be a little undercooked as they continue cooking after removed from oven.
THERE IS NO TIME LISTED FOR THIS RECIPE AS I DON'T KNOW THE SIZE OF YOUR MUFFIN TINS, so pop in oven and watch them. Slightly puffed at edges but still a little jiggly in center means take them out.
- 6 eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup Carnation evaporated milk (the canned milk adds nice creaminess)
- 2 tablespoons Inspire Protein Kitchen Everything Bagel Flatbread or OG Pancake Mix
- 4 ounces Cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup loosely packed)
- 2 green onions, white and light part, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or sweet paprika
- a few grates of nutmeg (buy a couple of whole nutmeg to grate into your egg dishes)
- 4 slices bacon - diced, cooked until crisp, drained
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non stick vegetable spray.
- Combine the eggs, milk, 1/2 cup cheese, green onion, salt, pepper, paprika, and nutmeg.
- Pour into muffin cups. Top each bite with a bit of shredded cheese and a few of the bacon bits.
- Bake until puffed around edges but still have a soft center jiggle.
- Allow to cool before removing. Serve warm or at room temperature.