YES, IT DOES TASTE LIKE A CHEESEBURGER AND IS EVEN BETTER THE NEXT DAY WHEN YOU MICROWAVE A WEDGE FOR LUNCH!
Paint the plates with ketchup and mustard and serve with Wickles Spicy Pickle Chips, lettuce and tomato, thats how I like my burgers. It is intentionally left rather ‘unseasoned’ except for the ketchup, salt and pepper… its meant to taste like a basic burger.
Use lean beef so the dish is not greasy. Store bought ground turkey is garbage - it is ground soft tissue parts I do not care to eat and not the the healthy alternative people believe it is. Use good meat!
You can use either the Inspire Protein Kitchen Everything Bagel Flatbread Mix OR the OG Pancake Mix in this dish with great results.
- 1¼ pounds very lean ground beef (or ground sirloin or buffalo or even soy crumbles)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup Heinz low sugar ketchup, found in most supermarkets
- ½ cup Inspire Protein Kitchen Everything Bagel Flatbread Mix (or use original IPK Pancake Mix for a sweet savory flair)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces Cabot 70% Cheddar, shredded (Grating your own cheese is less expensive and no chemical additives. Use half of an 8 ounce bar of cheddar)
- Burger toppings - Ketchup, mustard, onion, and Wickles spicy pickle chips are what we use in my house
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9 inch pie plate, especially around edges, with non stick cooking spray.
Cook the ground beef over medium high heat in a non-stick skillet for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently to break up the meat into fine pieces. Add the onions and saute an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until tender. Spoon off any fat in pan (I even use my kitchen tongs to sop up any grease with a paper towel) Stir in ketchup, season with salt and pepper and spoon into the prepared pie plate.
Combine Inspire Protein Kitchen Flatbread Mix, milk, and eggs in a small bowl until blended, stir in the cheese. Pour over the meat mixture in pie plate. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into wedges and serve with toppings.