Summer Strawberries are gorgeous and ripe. Use them in a salad... and then to make the snappy balsamic dressing. Add shredded rotisserie chicken to round out the protein. Yum!
- 1 cup strawberries, washed with stems removed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Arrange the berries in a metal pie or cake tin and roast for 10 to 12 minutes until beginning to caramelize at edges. Combine berries with their pan juices, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, garlic salt and pepper in blender and pulse until smooth. Keep chilled in fridge to use within one week.
- In a large wooden salad bowl toss baby spinach and diced strawberries with enough dressing to lightly coat. Divide onto serving plates. Add nuts and lumps of blue cheese.