Our local Bashas Supermarket had U15 Wild Red Shrimp on sale for twelve dollars for a two pound bag, so I bought two. Late summer produce is piled high and my backyard pot of cilantro needed trimming... and so Fiesta Shrimp Salad was born! Fast, Easy, Delicious and COOL. I poached the shrimp in a flavored broth but you could use cooked shrimp and I will look the other way. This would be a great salad to pair with sliced grilled chicken or salmon or pork! Such COLOR... and flavor to match.
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 2 ears corn, cooked, kernels cut from the cob (Pop two ears unshucked corn in microwave and cook on high 2-3 minutes and when cool enough to handle, proceed)
- 1 can black beans, drained rinsed and patted dry
- 3 green onions, minced
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced
- Handful of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound Cooked Shrimp, peeled and cleaned - I poach my raw shrimp in a broth made from a 12 ounce beer, a Louisiana seafood boil pouch, 3 smashed garlic cloves and a whole lemon squeezed of its juice then tossed into the pot. After a ten minute simmer to infuse the liquid, add the shrimp, remove from heat when barely done, drain and ice to stop the cooking process. Judge doneness by the size of your shrimp! Then peel and clean.
- In a large bowl, combine bell pepper, corn, black beans, green onion, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and olive oil.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss to coat. Serve now or later.