Susan Maria Nunziato Leach
The whole family wants ice cream and you have a choice - you can watch them eat and be *Sad Panda* or you can make MAGIC ICE CREAM.
It's really delicious and super easy. Soft serve in minutes. You want to keep this low in carbs... so stick to strawberries! Honestly, one of the best recipes I have ever made! It's so good that it's hard to believe it is made from frozen berries that have been whipped into creamy frozen joy with ricotta. Hold your ears, because it is CRAZY loud for a bit, then suddenly it's ice cream! You must use a food processor - a blender just doesn't work.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 2/3 cup part skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup Splenda or 2 tablespoons Truvia - optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla - optional
- Place strawberries in the bowl of food processor and leave at room temperature for 20 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add ricotta, plus sweetener and vanilla (if using) and pulse, grind, and blend until a very silky smooth soft serve ice cream forms and serve immediately.
- Thats it!